- Friday, 25 October 2019 12:51
Avon Fire and Rescue Service (AF&RS) is inviting local shop owners to take part in free fire safety seminars.
Held at Yate fire station for any shop or similar business owner in South Gloucestershire, the seminar will provide information and guidance on the Fire Safety Order 2005, along with helping owners understand fire safety, protection and prevention.
- What is the Fire Safety Order 2005?
- Avon Fire & Rescue Service’s responsibilities under the Fire Safety Order
- Responsibilities of business owners under the Fire Safety Order
- Fire Risk Assessments
- CLG Guides for Shops & Offices
- Fire Alarm logbooks, Maintenance records, Staff Training, Evacuation Drills
- Fire Safety concerns found within local businesses in Yate
Di Clack, Technical Fire Safety Crew Manager for AF&RS, said: “This is a great opportunity for local business owners to come along and find out about their role and responsibility under the Fire Safety Order.
“As a Service, we are here to help and these free seminars will show business owners what they are doing right, but also how they can improve to help ensure their property, staff and public are safe.
“Anyone is welcome to attend and we look forward to welcoming a wide variety of business owners over the two seminars.”
Seminar dates are as follows and each session lasts for approximately an hour and a half:
- Tuesday 12th November 2019, 11:00 & 18:00
- Thursday 14th November 2019, 11:00 & 18:00
Spaces will be limited so please book early to secure a place.