Avon Fire Authority Members meet regularly to make decisions on the delivery of its statutory duties under the Fire and Rescue Services Act 2004 and associated legislation and to oversee the delivery of a fire and rescue service to the people of Bath, Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire.
The Authority and its Committees usually meet at Police & Fire HQ, Valley Road, Portishead, Bristol, BS20 8QJ (for sat nav users – BS20 8JJ). Members of the public are welcome to attend.
There is an opportunity at each public meeting of the Authority and a Committee meeting for any person who is a resident of Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire and/or a representative of a business or voluntary organisation operating in the above areas who is affected by decisions to be taken by the Fire Authority to address the Authority or Committee to present a petition, make a statement, or as leader of a deputation. More information can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions document below:
The Agenda, Minutes and Public Reports for meetings are available via clicking the appropriate link below.
- The Avon Fire Authority - main meetings
- General Purposes Committee | Terms of Reference
- Employment Committee | Terms of Reference
- Performance Review & Scrutiny Committee | Terms of Reference
- Audit, Governance and Ethics Committee | Terms of Reference
- Diversity, Inclusion, Cohesion and Equality Committee| Terms of Reference
- Local Pension Board