The Fire Authority and its Committees meet at various venues. The information for each meeting below will clearly indicate the venue. The vast majority of meetings are in public and members of the public are welcome to attend.
Meetings of the Fire Authority (but not its committees) are video recorded and uploaded to our YouTube channel.
Access to meetings taking place at a Fire Station will be via the front door to the station by ringing the door bell.
Meetings at non-Fire Authority buildings will be via the main entrance unless otherwise signposted.
There is an opportunity at each public meeting of the Authority and a Committee meeting for any person who is a resident of Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire and/or a representative of a business or voluntary organisation operating in the above areas who is affected by decisions to be taken by the Fire Authority to address the Authority or Committee to present a petition, make a statement, or as leader of a deputation. More information can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions document below:
Dates and Papers
- The Avon Fire Authority - main meetings
- People & Culture Committee (previously DICE and Employment Committees) | Terms of Reference
- General Purposes Committee | Terms of Reference
- Employment Committee | Terms of Reference
- Performance Review & Scrutiny Committee | Terms of Reference
- Audit, Governance and Ethics Committee | Terms of Reference
- Diversity, Inclusion, Cohesion and Equality Committee| Terms of Reference
- Local Pension Board