- Friday, 10 June 2022 15:06
With time slots ranging from 09:00 to 15:00, the event will take place at Radstock Fire Station on 25 June 2022.
The ‘have a go’ session, will give those interested in becoming on-call firefighters the chance to try some of the tests that trainee firefighters complete during the recruitment process.
There will be five, six-person, slots lasting1.5 hours each available throughout the day, the activities include:
- Equipment carry
- Ladder climb
- Casualty evacuation
- Breathing apparatus circuit
- Manual Dexterity test
The event comes ahead of the training school, which begins in December 2022.
What to expect on the day:
- Any required PPE/Fire Kit will be provided
- Please wear trainers and fitness clothing also bring a water bottle with you
- Arrive at the station at your allotted time
- Attend a safety brief with a chance to ask any questions about the session
- You will have a chance to complete every exercise with an instructor
- You will complete each exercise individually and move round until they are all completed
- You may be asked to provide feedback to improve future events
Book your slot via EventBrite here.
On-call firefighters live within five minutes of the on-call station and train to the highest standard to help protect their local communities while earning a second income.
Find out more about the role of an on-call firefighter, read stories from current firefighters and how to prepare for the recruitment process on our careers website.